Friday, December 21, 2007

12.19.07 Gtr’s, They’re Our Friends!

Yeah, you guessed it. We laid down some gtr’s tonight. Put the last bits on the tune “Nice Person” tonight. One secondary rhythm deal, a quick “blues” deal that Pete (yeah, he’s the drummer, but he did throw an acoustic gtr on and came up with a pretty sweet old school blues riff that I ended up putting down to tape and I got to say it really makes the part) and a sweet full blown, wha pedal laden solo. I must admit I’m pretty into the wha pedal when it comes to recording leads. Not the “prono” type wha stuff, but just kicking it up mid way and getting that “vocal type” tone on the gtr. Think Brian May or Deen Ween (hit the 1:32 mark and enjoy!) and you’ll get the idea. It’s just a cool way to tweek and/or bend the tone that I really dig.

Yet another strong evening in the trenches my friends.

A pic and a vid below for your enjoyment.

As always, thanks for reading!

-j







Just imagine this "jamming" on top of one of the best tunes you've never heard. Do it, it will make the vid much better.

No comments: